Bringing in old iPods to Apple Store=Discount?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by opivy1218, Jul 6, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I'm looking to buy a new iPod, specifically the Classic. I remember that a while ago you could bring in an old ipod and get a 10% discount. Does this still hold true today? And if it does, is there a limit to the ipods you could bring in? Thanks for any help.

2. macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Last time I bought an ipod, yes the discount was still available, and it should still be now, but I ain't sure about you getting multiple discount for multiple ipods, I think its one ipod discount per ipod bought.

3. macrumors 6502

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/jun/03recycle.html

Seems to be one old iPod = one 10% discount.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 6502

That looks like an old press release. Are you sure that is still valid? I'd call the Apple store to check. If it is still valid, someone could easily purchase a cheapo broken iPod for nothing and bring it into the Apple store to get the 10% off.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I called today and the guy said it's still valid. However, 1's the limit.

7. macrumors regular

Saw the sign while I was getting my Macbook serviced. I think my girlfriend is going to drop her old malfunctioning unit off and get a Touch. Not a bad deal I think, at least you aren't paying full price!