British Unions, the Labour Party, and Blair

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Sep 2, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The Guardian reports on the rebellion of the unions against Blair's Iraqi policy and any further support of US attempts at regime change.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/unions/story/0,12189,1033707,00.html

Hopefully, our british brothers and sisters will lead the way in reining in Blair and Bush.

2. macrumors 68040

mactastic

With the Republicans in control of both houses here and the expiration of the special prosecutor law, there is little that will happen in this country to hold Bush accountable for the decisions leading up to war.

Prewar assumtions were at the very least wrong about several things regarding the postwar. How much will this cost the American taxpayer?

3. macrumors 601

zimv20

over $72 billion so far.

http://www.costofwar.com/

or -- about $260 per US citizen (i used 280 million as the population). hey! that's almost that $300 i got back a couple years ago!

4. macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, thats a problem. 'Cause I think that's gonna be a small part of the overall bill. We're gonna be stuck paying for the reconstruction of Iraq for the next decade or two.

The running joke about Gulf War I was that we almost made money off of it because of the coalition of donors Dubya's father managed to get together. This time I think the joke's gonna be on us.

5. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

A little diplomacy goes a long ways. Too bad none of it rubbed off on junior.