Broadband goes electric...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Feb 13, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    This would be cool if implemented.... it's dirt cheap and fast at 2Mb a second!!

or full article below.....

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
    hehe I'm getting a 100mb optical fiber connection for that price (actually about 500 yen less) in about a month... :D :D

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    That's so not fair......
  4. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Dec 14, 2001
    Wow, this is old and the UK copies the US! :)

I just read last week that a company in Cali is doing the same thing. The FCC and goverment gave them the OK if they can get it to work. Same idea, it's to make broadband prices cheaper and get it to everyone in the deepest bum **** egypt boondocks who are stuck on a 33k.
  5. mcrain macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2002
    The firm I used to work for represents a client who is just getting ready to roll out a fibre optic system that's main claim to fame is that it is fibre not only from the main sites to the nodes, but also from the nodes to the customers homes. Right now, just about no one offers fibre to the home, therefore, you're limited by what can fit through the coaxial cables/phone cables.

The client will offer muliti-line phone service, digital cable television and very high speed data all on one service package, and for far less than what I pay here for the three seperate items. They have FCC approval, and are beginning the roll-out.

The big-guys like AT&T, SBC, etc... have all contacted our client, and are watching to see if it is profitable...