Broadband Router problems

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by anthp, Mar 26, 2005.

1. anthp macrumors newbie

While my week old iMac is being fixed or hopefully replace ive decided to tackle my internet problems and need alittle help!!. Ive got a USRobotics broadband router (model 8003) and the dam thing keeps timing out on me!! I know for sure its the router but i cant figure out how to stop it from quiting on me. For example, the internet is working fine and then shuts off. So then i reset the router, not the modem, and the internet is back on. Havent been keeping a good track of how long it will stay on after reset but id say roughly just over an hour. Ive tried messing around with the configurations but it still wont hold. If anyone knows anything and can provide some suggestions, please do!

2. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

3. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Check the following settings in your routers firmware

Under Primary Setup

Renew IP Forever:

This feature enables the Broadband Router to renew the IP address automatically when the lease time is half, even if the system is in an idle state. This allows for always-on connectivity.

Select this box.

Maximum Idle Time:

This is the elapsed time of no activity before your PPTP or PPPoE session is disconnected. Set this feature to 0 to disable it.

Disable it.

This should solve the problem as it sounds like the router is either logging out or not renewing its IP address with your ISP.

Anyway here is the setup guide for your router