Broadband with high upload speeds in UK

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by applemax, Feb 20, 2006.

1. applemax macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2005
    Does anyone know of any ISPs in the UK that have a fast upload speed? Not quite, ADSL, but something higher than 128 or 256kbps. Thanks
  2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    When ADLSMax (8Meg) starts getting rolled out in April supposedly, you'll start to see higher upload speeds to 768 or thereabouts depending on line level.

As to when the various ISPs will start upgrading and what they'll charge, there's not a lot of information until BT officially announce dates.

At the moment, you'd either have to find a ADSL Max trial or see if your local exchange has been unbundled and has an LLU operator ( can tell you this) like Bulldog, Wanadoo, Be, UKOnline who offer either an ADSLMax or ADSL 2+ service.

ADSL 2+ (Be and UKOnline to name two offering this in certain exchanges) allows for upload speeds at 1.3MB - and very nice it is too ;)
  3. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm with Bulldog and have an upload of 512kbps.
  4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

Aug 2, 2002
    Cork, Ireland.
    I can't help with the name of a specific ISP, but if I were you I'd look around for wireless ISPs, here in Ireland there are a few relatively inexpensive ISPs offering up to 4Mbps upload speeds, so I'd imagine it should be similar if not better in the UK.
  5. Chappers macrumors 68020

Aug 12, 2003
    At home
    only boasting but I just tested mine at ZDNet (UK) and my upload speed is
    17816.6 Kbps and its a little slow today.

But I am at work - BT's is nothing compared to this. In fact I don't know what BT's is. Probably something crap like 256