Broadway + Hollywood = Showtime?

Discussion in 'Games' started by iZoom P5, Sep 6, 2006.

1. iZoom P5 macrumors member

Being that Nintendo's and Apple expected 'big' announcements (12th and 14th respectively), does anyone think that they could of cooperated on something on a small or large scale?

I can't really think of any reason why they would code name their processors like that.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't think theres a connection. Just Nintendo have named their components for years. I don't think they were planning to do anything on this day initially, not with the rollercoaster ride of delays that is the gaming world.
    And Apple regularly (correct me if wrong) have used the Kodak theatre once or more. Both companies just have similar tastes I suspect.

On a sidenote though I love the names. Broadway and Hollywood. Sure I hate hollywood films, but the name just sounds so nice...
    Xenon just reminds me of the old Amiga shooter, like the name Xbox just sounds uber-cheesy. Cell, prison cell. Hollywood, nicer but what does it relate to?

Though interestingly!... I just remembered, and it's hidden at the back of my mind. But Shigsy once said something about wanting to make films. Wonder if the Wii has anything to do with that?

3. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

nintendo have used those names for years, nothing to do with apple. apple is (supposedly) about to release a movie service, thus the name - showtime; nothing to do with nintendo. That and the 12th and 14th are two entirely different days. ;)

no connection.