Broken iPhone 5 Screen and light bleed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericDylan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2012
    I was planning on going to go to the apple store to get a replacement because of light bleed and I scheduled an appointment and everything, but I wasnt able to get over there.

Today I dropped it and it cracked in the upper corner. Can I still get it replaced with the warranty because of the light bleed?

just an FYI:
    This is the first time I dropped it and it was in an Incipio feather case. If you have one of those, you may as well go naked, because it did not help at all. It hit just right so it broke.
  2. macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2012
    Oradea (BH), Romania
    Tell the truth and maybe with some luck you will get it replace.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Oct 26, 2012
    agreed be honest
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2012
    I called two times and both reps said that I couldnt get a warrenty replacement with a broken screen, but they seemed like they were just simply stating the rule that warranty doesnt apply to accidental and not really thinking too much about my specific situation.

I realize you can't know for sure, but do you think I would have better luck with a Genius in a store? I would rather not make the 30-45 minute drive if there is absolutely no hope.
  5. macrumors 68020

Nov 3, 2011
    What are you going to do if they say no? Keep your broken screen? Go in there, be honest and worst case they say no, pay the cost for a replacement.

Cases with no front edge protection on all 4 sides are worthless.
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2012
    yeah the incipio is a piece of crap.

It has some screen edge protections on the left and right sides, but it dips down in the corners to be flush with the screen. WORTHLESS