Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
My original iPod before I got my replacement had a broken headphone jack, the plastic around the port broke off. My iPod now has a crack in the same place, wat the hell? Has anybody else had any problems like this? For when I paid $400 for my original iPod, I think the headphone jack should be at least metal like every other CD and mp3 player I know.

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2002
i was JUST noticing the same exact thing on my ipod. I thought maybe it was made like that but then realized it is a bit too jagged to be made such. Glad to see a post about this.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
send it back, i smashed my screen in on my ipod and apple sent me a new one. if they dont take it back, bitch like crazy.

iJon

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by eyeluvmyimac
but of course, you work there
not really, i work at a reseller, i sent it back as a regular product, i bought it with my own money. i didnt get th special treatment. just sent it back to apple and they sent one back, simple as that, so once again ill say, try sending it back. you would be surprised.

iJon

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2002
doh, kidna ate my words there. ok i was wrong. i just dont see them being that generous. would it be a refurbished one?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
doh, kidna ate my words there. ok i was wrong. i just dont see them being that generous. would it be a refurbished one?
i didnt think they would be that generous either, it could have been a refurbished one though. i didnt care though because when i got it back it didnt have a single fingerprint on it, looked like new.

iJon

eyeluvmyimac

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2002
sorry to hog up all the forums but what is the warranty on these? how long do we have from purchase to get it replaced?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
sorry to hog up all the forums but what is the warranty on these? how long do we have from purchase to get it replaced?
when the ipods first came out it was 90 days, but then when the 20 gb ipods came out they extended everyone's included the new ones, to 1 year. so 1 year is your answer.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.