Broken PB screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kerpow, May 15, 2006.

1. kerpow macrumors 6502

In a bizzarre accident my wife has managed to break my 12"PB. A heavy blow to the back of the screen has rendered it completely unusable. Its not cracked, just a mess of a display. I can see about 2" of the screen down the left hand side.

Its only about 13-14 months old as I bought it as ex-display model but I got a real bargain on it.

So, I'm guessing its not even worth considering repairing it. Would I get much for it on eBay? Its in perfect working order otherwise. I don't have enough space in my apartment to set it up as a desktop but maybe somebody else would.

I'm quite upset about it, but as it was "technically" my wife who broke it I don't think she can begrudge me for rushing out and buying a new one. Its really not a good time financially so it will only be a MacBook (if they come out soon) or a PC. MBP is out of my price range and I don't see the point of spending money on a G4 machine.

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

3. kerpow thread starter macrumors 6502

4. kerpow thread starter macrumors 6502

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/53.21.25.html

It looks like a hell of a job to fix though. I've worked on a few laptops over the years, mostly replacing hard drives or keyboards. Thats got to be 3 hours work and there's a good chance that I'd break something else. It would have to be the last thing that you remove :(

We'll see. If the MacBooks aren't much more than twice the price to fix this one I think I'll invest rather than patch up.