Brother laser printers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Demon Hunter, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Hey all,

Anyone have any experience with Brother laser printers? My friends have one in their dorm room and I use it all the time for printing. Very reliable and fast, it seems like...

They are apparently Mac compatible, but I haven't heard much about this company. Are the OS X drivers good (assuming they exist)?

I'm sick of HP, they are so bloated now. And Brother has a model for $149 which is right here.

I'm a printer noob, I have no idea what difference there is between 8MB/16MB cache, etc.

Thanks!!

2. jimwhip macrumors newbie

I have a brother 1440 hooked up to a g3 imac and it works just fine
    I also have it set up to print wirelessly from my computer down stairs. It was very easy to set up and has given me no problems

I believe the bigger the cache is on it the faster it will be able to load and print bigger documents but i'm not complety sure

3. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I have a sweet Brother Laser all-in-one printer..... I dont know what model but i love it... It works flawless.

kyle

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

My laser Brother all-in-one works really well. It's passes the wireless Airport Express test flawlessly meaning I can print from my laptop from anywhere in my house. :)

I can't get the scanner part to work very well though, whether the connection is cabled or wireless. :(