Brother's 12 inch PB Feet

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bennetsaysargh, Apr 7, 2003.

1. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

sorry if this is in the wrong area, but if it is, someone please move it. anyway, my brother wants me to post here with his story.
    one, just one of his feet fell off of his 12 inch PB. he called AppleCare, and they wanted him to ship it out for 4 to 5 days so they could redo the whole bottom casing. he wants to know if this hs happened to other people, and what they people had done in this situation.
    thanks in advance

2. jaguarx macrumors regular

One had fallen off mine too!
    It seems silly to have to send it in to glue on a little bit of rubber but it's sooo annoying....

I haven't done anything about it yet, i'll probably send it in to applecare.

3. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i would say ship it back to apple as soon as you have a period where you can live without it for awhile.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

A lot of the time the response time at Apple is damn near over night. They just say a few days to cover them in case something happens. I would fully expect to send it out one day and have it back in less then 2 days if not the following day.

5. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Learn people, learn...

My theory is prooving right once again:

"When a new product is sold whait at list 3-6 months to get it, just because you are testing in real life the product and sure they come with design failures".

In electronics that happends all the time, a few years ago I bought 2 digital audio consoles and after a month both of them present the same problem "a cold contact in the internal power suply".

When something like the new powerbook 12" or 17" comes out for sure you are gonna deal with structural problems. They ususally make a revision that is not registered, they may change the glue, some material or something like that.

That is why I never go to buy some redisign just like that, I wait a few months for the company take care of the issue.

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I have a different experience. I have never gotten an apple product back in less than a week. Two weeks at the most fyi. Just my personal experience.

7. jaguarx macrumors regular

I should point out i have had no other problems with the 12"PB, no warped case, dead pixels, dodgy trackbutton, bent lid or dodgy latch, just a little rubber foot that came off. Overall good work to apple, considering i had one of the first off the production line. RevB is worth it, if you can wait that long =)