Browser Crashing Issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maleficum, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Maleficum macrumors member

Jun 29, 2006
    In a Chair
    Today I was running Camino, iTunes, and Adium, like I regularly do during normal usage of my computer, and suddenly, this thing in the dock popped up called "TalkBack," asking me to send an error report to NetScape because Camino had crashed... it hadn't. I continued to use Camino, and suddenly, I was just reading a results page on Google, and it crashed. This happened 15 times more. Yes, I said 15. I went to the Camino site and downloaded the latest version (because I hadn't yet). While it was downloading, Camino suddenly crashed... I opened it back up and tried again. FIVE seconds before it was going to finish, I see a spinning beachball and the whole computer is frozen. Then, about 20 or so minutes after I opened it up, it crashed 3 more times. I finally gave up and opened up Safari, and used it for a while... about an hour ago, it crashed. I guess, stupidly, I opened up Safari again and came to this site. While typing this, it crashed. I opened it back up and I am typing quickly to get this posted.
    Does anyone have any clue what is going on? Neither of those applications crash regularly. They have both crashed on occasion, specifically if there's a Myspace page or something that has tons of music or whatever on it.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Weird. Are all the other apps acting normally? Have you tried opening up a new user account to see if they crash there too? :)