browser problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Muzukun, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Muzukun macrumors regular

ok... this is kind of odd, about a week ago I could go on myspace.com and wimp.com and watch the WMVs there, now however ALL browsers on my mac (safari, firefox, opera, and IE) either wont load the videos, or flat out freeze on me. What happened? I tried the new update to safari, that did squat, and it's kind of odd that all the things freeze just out of the blue. Should I just run off and buy some cheapo PC laptop or something? =p

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Yes, go buy a laptop. :confused:

What changed between a week ago when it worked and now? Could you access those sites with each browser and now you can't?

Did you try the obvious: Clearing cache, repair permissions (after you updated safari) etc?

The update to safari wouldn't affect other browsers. So it's odd that you would have issues now on those other browsers (if they worked before) unless something changed.

3. Muzukun thread starter macrumors regular

actually I'm really not sure, the only change that would have resulted in changing some settings was logging back onto my campus' network but I'm pretty sure I was having the same problem before that too. I haven't installed anything new, I haven't run anything different from before. Everything works fine on virtual PC, just on the mac it will either not load any WMV, or if it's on myspace it'll just flat out freeze the application.

and how do I repair permissions? ^-^;;

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

To repair permissions, go to Disk Utility in the Utilities folder embedded in your Applications folder. Open it, click on your hard drive on the left hand side and press Repair Permissions. :)