Browser Sound Problems - Intel Mac (HELP!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hellodon, Apr 17, 2006.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

I know this is a known issue....some problems with shockwave or flash or something makes the browsers have sound problems on intel macs with internal movie and sound players (myspace music for example) and in Safari, problems with flash and shockwave pages.

I heard there are some factory setting that can easily be over written or something ?

I had this problem with safari and didnt know how to fix it so i switched to firefox.

Now all of a sudden (before the update this past weekend) it started having the same problems.

It's less annoying than Safari because Safari would have a menu pop up on nearly every page telling me to install that plug in...but now having no sound on any video (youtube) or internal music player (myspace music), firefox is just as bad. i have NO browser that is stable right now..can someone please help me?!

Overall, i'd like to use Safari again, but I cannot figure out how to fix the problem. It tells me to install the flash/shockwave plug in, but when i do, it doesnt recognize it and just keeps going in circles.

I read about this on here before, but at that time the only known fix was a complete reformat to original factory disc. Is there any way to fix this other than that?

I swear, i hate this intel mac. ever since i got it i feel like i'm back to the world of PC's n Problems.....and i sold my reliable/stable powerbook too so i'm stuck with it.

2. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

can anyone help?

I think this is a problem with a windows media plug in. Is there a certain one i should be using for intel mac?

In safari and firefox, i can see video playing on youtube.com for example, but no sound comes out. The flash problem i had before with safari seems to have fixed itself with the last update, but still no sound in video or on myspace.com

3. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

4. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Thought I would bring this back up since I had a similar issue and finally
    found a solution. Try going to Application/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup
    Go into the "audio devices" tab and for "audio output", reset it back to 44100.0 Hz and 16bit

5. apswartz macrumors newbie

Won't work on MacBook Pro

I am having the same problem on my MacBook Pro and there is no audio output option on the MacBook Pro., so that solution is not an option for me. :(

6. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

7. apswartz macrumors newbie