iPad mini Browser with increased zoom?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ammarr, Nov 13, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Small text on the mini does look pretty bad. Is there a browser that can increase text size/zoom on every page?

I have tried mercury browser which requires manually increasing font size. But it gets tiring to do it on every web page... Any other options?

2. macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Yes, text on the mini is too small. The best option for me was to stick with my full sized iPad.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have the nexus 7 where the text looks much sharper by comparison. Still I would like to try all options on the mini before giving up on it. Most apps do have an option to boost font size but browsing is quite frustrating...

4. d123, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

macrumors 65816

d123

There is a universal zoom increase function in Perfect Browser, it's in the settings menu.

Edit to add, you can also use Atomic, you have the option of having font + and font - soft keys added to the bottom of the screen.

5. macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Yes the text is small, but I don't find it TOO small - especially in landscape. Neither myself or my partner have any problem reading for prolonged periods of time. I guess this varies from person to person so I'm not saying you are wrong, but for me anyway it doesn't strain my eyes reading anymore than our iPad 4.

One thing I did find useful for increasing font size when browsing in portrait, although I tend to hold it in landscape mostly:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1482193

6. macrumors regular

push the reader button. I feel like that reader button was built for the ipad mini. i never used it on the ipad but it rocks on the mini.

7. macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Handy! I had not tried this before :)

8. macrumors regular

There is both a zoom and font override. Changing the default zoom requires scrolling left/right on every page. I think what the OP wants is to change font size. This can result in formatting issues on pages but is fine generally if set to around 125%.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Perfect browser works well enough.

10. macrumors 68040

Guess I don't come across the reader button often so far on the safari browser. I look towards another browser as well and tried the Mercury but it acts fugly too much to suit me as I continue to use it more.

Maybe Perfect Browser I will try next. I'd like a portrait view to work well.