Browsers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mjfarsi, Jan 17, 2006.

1. mjfarsi macrumors member

I currently use safari, but if i have 2 windows open the second one will not load until the first window is finished loading... I have used firefox, but the pages go crazy when I try to use the scroll button on my Mighty Mouse. What do you suggest?

2. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Use Firefox and turn the scrolling speed down on your mouse. Also, were you using the latest version of Firefox, 1.5?

3. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

Been using Firefox for a time & a season now... I've never experienced the problem you're having.

If you wanna try something different, try Mozilla's Camino, which I use sometimes, and it works great!

Good Luck!

4. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

You could also try this Firefox tweak;

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Camino is nice and perky on the Mac. The scrolling is a bit slow for me and it lacks RSS support but it's great otherwise.

7. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

The reason I said to slow down the mouse scrolling speed is that I'm pretty sure I had the same problem with my Mighty Mouse and Firefox 1.0.7. I don't have the Mighty Mouse anymore, though. I now use a Logitech Cordless Mouse.

8. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Firefox is great. I couldn't live without some of them extensions, features that cannot be found in any other browser. It works fine for me. :)

9. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Yep, it's awesome. Session Saver is probably my favorite extension. Also, AdBlock.

10. mjfarsi thread starter macrumors member

I am using the most current version, how do I change the scrolling?? I do not want it to affect my other programs, as the mouse works fine with everything else... is there a way to just make Safari load more than 1 page at a time?

11. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I'm not sure if there'd be a way to just change the scrolling in Firefox. Hmm. I was talking about changing it in System Preferences, but that would affect other apps, as well.

I'm not really sure about the Safari thing. When I used it, it loaded pretty fast for me. I'd always have a few tabs open, too.

12. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

There's a Firefox extension that allows you to customize the scrolling to the exact behavor you want. It won't effect any others apps, only Firefox.
    I forgot what it's called, lemme check. :)

EDIT: Here it is!

13. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

May I suggest another?

If you like Safari you should try Shiira.

It's a nifty open source mac browser and I use it much more often than Firefox and Safari. I particularly like the sidebar and page turning transitions, but apparently at O'Reilly.net there are useful reasons for switching too :p

And a nifty logo to boot:

[​IMG]

14. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

The new shiira icon is absolutely stunning. Almost got me to switch. (almost ;) )

15. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Yes, the icon is VERY cool. I don't think I'll quit using Firefox anytime soon, though, if ever.