browsing photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flat6, Jan 11, 2005.

1. flat6 macrumors regular

Any way to see all photos as thumbnails in the directory view? All I'm able to get is a list of the photos with the currently selected photo displaying a thumbnail on the side.

2. flat6 thread starter macrumors regular

I mean, sort of like in iPhoto, how that displays them. Speaking of which, is it possible to import a directory into iPhoto, or just photos from a digital camera?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

First, in Finder, the icons are actually always thumbnails. If you keep all your images in the Pictures folder, or some other folder, then go to the top level folder containing pictures (i.e. Pictures) and choose View -> Show View Options. Then change the icon size until the thumbnails are sufficiently big. This will affect all sub-folders, so you should see thumbnails of adequate size for all your images. Not perfect, but....

Second, to import images from a folder into iPhoto, just drag the folder into the part of the iPhoto window that has the thumbnails, and it will import and show up in the last import segment.

4. flat6 thread starter macrumors regular

For some reason, whenever I try to browse around after setting it to thumbnails and Icons view, it reverts back to the list mode.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Go to Finder prefs, then the General tab. Make sure that the two checkboxes in the middle, "Always open folders in a new window," and "Open new windows in column view," are not checked.