Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pizzafordinna

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
I am unable to load youtube videos on any browser. The box where the video should be just shows a black square. Also my facebook news feed shows nothing but the top bar. There are a few other sites that are screwed up and it's the same across three different browsers. I've already tried re-installing flash player and that didn't work so I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

pizzafordinna

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Update:

If I go directly to youtube's site I can view the videos. The images that preview the videos are black. Embedded videos that come from youtube aren't working at all.

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
You should not have created a new thread. Perhaps you should peruse the FAQ/Forum Rules.

I have read your other thread, but am responding here as the mods will likely merge/delete the other one.

Also, you still have not posted anything about the version of OS X you are running. Please re-review my original link about maximizing your experience here.

As to your problem, those thumbnails (along the right side of the youtube.com home page) are JPGs hosted at ytimg.com. Have you somehow managed to block this URL by some method?

Can you see this link?: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/TkcQURV6GPI/default.jpg

pizzafordinna

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
unless I am mistaken I'm posting in the lion 10.7 forum. As my message said my computer is completely up to date (meaning 10.7.4). I can see the link that you posted as well as view the page it sends me to.

pizzafordinna

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
I can indeed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-12 at 8.50.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-12 at 8.50.07 PM.png
    810.8 KB · Views: 69

pizzafordinna

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
I'm using a Macbook Pro 15" it's completely up to date. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari (which are all at the most current version) and the problem is the same on all of them. My main problem is that embedded videos aren't playing. All I see is a black square where the video should be. I'm also experiencing other problems such as facebook not working. When I go to youtube's site the teaser images are black squares but I am still able to view the video.

I have tried installing the latest version of adobe flash player which hasn't helped. I have also made sure javascript is enabled.

----------

No the reset feature is only available on the most recent beta. Also I'm fairly sure that it won't fix my problem because, as mentioned above, the problem is the same for three different browsers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.