Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
A shame, then, that a 24" screen is just stupidly, crazily big. Way too big to sit in front of at a regular desktop distance (ie 18 or so inches) for any period of time. You have to physically move your head to see from one side to the other without giving yourself eyestrain.

People clamouring for 30" really blow my mind. How far away are their monitors???
?! Unless you sit VERY close to the screen, the 24" is great. I can fit multiple windows on the screen, it's quite convenient (and I am definitely not moving my head around to see it). I'd even love a 30".

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
A shame, then, that a 24" screen is just stupidly, crazily big. Way too big to sit in front of at a regular desktop distance (ie 18 or so inches) for any period of time. You have to physically move your head to see from one side to the other without giving yourself eyestrain.

People clamouring for 30" really blow my mind. How far away are their monitors???

Nope. Not true at all.

I have a 24" monitor, and I dont have to move my head back and forth, and I dont get eyestrain at all. And I sit about 18-20" from the screen.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
?! Unless you sit VERY close to the screen, the 24" is great. I can fit multiple windows on the screen, it's quite convenient (and I am definitely not moving my head around to see it). I'd even love a 30".

I agree :D

The only thing I would have liked is to have either black or that rumored aluminum finish instead f white :apple:

emeldahay

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2007
I currently have five 30 inch screens on my desk (attached to 4 Macpros)

And yes - my head moves areound a LOT!!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.