brushed aluminum trim on MacOS X Panther?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by diehldun, Nov 27, 2003.

1. diehldun macrumors 6502a

i've noticed on several websites regarding the "brushed-aluminum" trim on the application windows on the MacOS X Panther. but, when I used my friends new PowerBook G4 15" w/ Panther installed, it had the old traditional snowy-white trim.

is there a setting where you can select brushed aluminum trim on ALL of the applications windows/toolbars? i really like it, and it seems as though it is only offered on iTunes, and iChat.

if so, that would be great. i really love that design (although i have heard that not too many Mac-fans out there like it)

2. Sunrunner macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

The main fuss about brushed aluminum in Panther was related to the Finder (which was previously the standard white). All applications that weren't metal before still aren't.

--Cless

4. diehldun thread starter macrumors 6502a

so it's only the finder? (w/o metalifizer)

so it's only on the finder (which contains what again? heh heh he i'm not that familiar with these things...)

i was confused because on the apple website, they make it seem as though it is on all windows...

5. diehldun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm sorry...

this is a really dumb question (but not for me)
    what is exactly the 'finder' on MacOS?

i'm not really sure... please don't laugh at me- i asked this question before to someone at CompUSA and the salesman laughed at me and thought i was joking :(

6. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Re: i'm sorry...

I think it's the same thing as 'explorer' in Windoze.

7. diehldun thread starter macrumors 6502a

THAT'S IT????

geez... i thought Apple did more than just put the metal trim on the finder! i initially beleved it was on Safari, iChat, iTunes... guess just finder then.

8. Sunrunner macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

You are correct, ichat, safari, itunes, iphoto, imovie, finder, they all have bushed metal apperance.

9. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You are correct, but those things already had brushed metal interfaces in Jaguar. Finder is the only app that has been "newly" skinned in aluminum in 10.3.

--Cless

10. geekay306 macrumors newbie

i have the brushed aluminum on all the windows..... like everything... hmmmm