bryce 5.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fivetoadsloth, Aug 18, 2006.

1. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

i recently got a macbook 2ghz white 1 gig ram , upgraded from a g4, and need to run bryce 5.5, it ran perfectl on my g4 so i just put the folder on a jimp drive and brought it over. opened it and it didnt work saying that the application bryce quit unexpectidly. there arre 2 other apps that came with it someim brining them over now to see if itll help. but i looked online and sawpeople are running bryce 5.5 on macbooksthrough rosetta so im really hoping i get it working, i need it by tuesday. would using the install cd help?
    thanks alot. and if anyone did get working would you please tell me so i can have at least alittle hope?
    thanks alot.

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

if i recall correctly, i think you need to install Bryce, not copy it. I know that works for some programs really well (cough, After Effects, cough cough)....

honestly, wait for Bryce 6

Bryce is an AWESOME program (go Kai interface!)...but 5.5 is a piece of crap in terms of speed. no dual cpu support, and certainly not UB.

6 will blow you away, since 5 has been around for a long long time. Couple it with a newer machine and FINALLY Bryce animations are do-able in reasonable amounts of time!

thought I havent used it much, Carrara 5 seems to be a good replacement too.

3. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

ok, thanks, and yeah i have been looking forward to bryce 6 for ages it seems (since 5 came out). ill use the cd and see what happens, has anyone got bryce working through rosetta? i need 5.5 now though im giving a presentation and need it. partly since it is about it

4. rickard macrumors newbie

Bryce 5.5

I have a MacBook Pro and have been using Bryce 5.5 for months with no problems. As Sdashiki says it ain't that great for speed but is an improvement on Corel's Bryce 5.