Bryce 6.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fivetoadsloth, Mar 7, 2007.

1. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Daz released bryce 6.1 today, for intel macs. I bought it and it flies compared to bryce 5.5. I have a macbook (Core Duo, 1 gig ram, 2ghz) and was nervous as to whether or not it would run. Just as a guess Id estimate it is about 2 to 2.5 times faster. Ill leave more feedback as use it more. If anyone wants anything benchmarked in particular, checked, etc etc let me know.

:)

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

what is the most obvious new feature(s)?

here comes the next wave of generic scenery landscapes.

dont get me wrong, they are awesome, but i Stumble Upon so many desktops that are just honest-to-god Bryce creations that took 5 minutes.

3. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Well for me the most obvious new feature is speed, it is really fast compared to Bryce 5.5 There are a lot more terrain edit options, and many new textures. The lighting is also significantly better.

:)

4. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Yes, I'm interested in the benchmarks because I just downloaded 6.1 but I'm running it on my Powerbook. The program has scenes in the "Sample Scenes" folder. If you can run Lightcluster7.br6 let me know how long it took to render. My PB took 4 hours, 31 min. If you run a smaller file just let me know what it is so I can run it and compare it to the speed of my PB.

I'm getting a new Mac soon and I want to see what kind of performance improvement I can expect.

5. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Sorry I took so long, forgot to check the thread wel I tried lightcluster8, not 7 and it took about 2 hours though safari ichat and itunes where open, so seemingly faster.

Any other requests?