BSOD on a Mac...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Eithanius, Apr 6, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

So, like the title suggest.... has anyone managed to crash Windows enough to cause a BSOD on a Mac...? :D :D :p

PS: WinXP with Boot Camp of course....

2. macrumors regular

Theoretically at the moment, I don't think there should be too much reason. There's only a limited amount of hardware that windows will have to deal with, and all of it has drivers provided by apple, and if those are good...

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

4. macrumors newbie

I did on my MBP - it appeared that it recognized the camera and listed it under "My Computer" - so I double clicked it and was greeted w/ the BSOD. Not surprised in the least.

5. macrumors member

hahaha I got one.

I tried to save a password in a web form and bam BSOD.

Just like the good ol' days before I switched, and I still dont' regret it, lol

6. Guest

iGary

That's what you get loading that crap on your Mac. :p

7. macrumors member

lol, ya, if only they would of made a few things for OS X then I wouldn't have to be a beta tester :D

hopefully in about 40 minutes I'll have some benchmarks (3dmark05) if anyone is interested

8. macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Yep. Only in BootCamp does this happent too, not xom. When installing AIM 5.9 (triton really sucks), it'll crash at installing imghlp.dll.

I submited a bug report to Apple.

Steve

9. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Installing Skype gave me a BSOD for a second before it rebooted by itself, I held down option and booted into Windows XP again and uninstalled Skype. I have had no further problems, works like a charm! :D

EDIT: I tried to instal Alcohol 120% (CD/DVD drive emulation software) and got a BSOD...restarted and everything is fine just a heads up! :p