BSOD on Mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The Past, Sep 12, 2006.

1. The Past macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2004
  2. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6

How could anyone miss the BSOD or want to see the Mac equivalent? ;) :D :)
  3. 4np macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2005
    The Netherlands
  4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    and that would show up how often on an OSX machine?

Neet plan, but I didnt even get into changing my OSX startup image, because its there for like 2 seconds and I dont restart often.

I think there is even less a chance to see a kernel panic, so much so that I dont know if I personally would go thru the trouble to do this.

but its one hell of a fun trick.
  5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Somewhere around here I have a very "special" Logitech keyboard (broken USB cable) that can crash OS X at will.
  6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    i recall the ol OS6 days.

My high school computer applications classroom was 30 or so Mac Classics.

And from my middle school days I had amassed a ton of "hacks", most I cant remember. but these were like pranks you could play on people.

either youd install the app, or just run the app and it would lie hidden awaiting something to happen.

my favorite was the "your computer needs to be fixed." click ok "erasing HD" restarts and gives you the sad mac. until you click it of course.

another was something that made the screen "wiggle" everytime you did a keystroke you set.

ah the good ol days.

makes me recall finding the "drunk mac" button on the Mac Classics themselves.

See they had 2 buttons on the side, one restarted and another if pressed while starting up would cause the screen to go inverted and display a DEAD mac icon.

Friends and I did this weekly to rows of computers as we left class, to my teacher's dismay
  7. savar macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2003
    District of Columbia
    Wow, looking at the various versions of the kernel panic image, I suddenly realized I haven't seen a kernel panic on my Mac since 10.2! I think that was about 4 years ago...