BT keyboard and mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xiaoyu04, Oct 31, 2006.

1. xiaoyu04 macrumors member

what's a good set of bluetooth keyboard and mouse? I was considering the wireless mighty mouse and keyboard but I've seen a lot of threads complaining about them...any suggestions?:D

2. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I was just about to post the same question. I'm looking for something to use in my living room with my HDTV and PowerMac G4. I'm thinking I might buy the Apple keyboard and a third party mouse...the mighty mouse is still a little weird to me and they never have the right click enabled at the store to test it.

Does mighty mouse work on glass surfaces? I might get some 3rd party mouse.

Bluetooth range is over 10 feet right?

3. wallock, Nov 3, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013

wallock macrumors member

4. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

I believe it's 30 feet if I'm not mistaken.

5. Roba macrumors 6502

6. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I have the Logitech S 530 setup running on my Mac-mini, and I really like it. The receiver sits about six feet away from the keyboard and mouse, and it on the extender supplied with the kit. It works initially, but the software that comes on the CD (in my case, anyway) was not compat w/10.4.8. But I meandered out to the Logitech site and found an upgraded one, installed it, and now it shows up in the very bottom on the System Preferences. It takes advantage of some extra keys and buttons on the keyboard/mouse. The mouse is a laser mouse, btw, and works extremely well. The keyboard is a slim design and I haven't had any issues with it, but these are usually personal preferences. One other item, the kybd uses AAA batteries, the mouse AA's. The setup I bought came standard with Duracell's, and not some el-cheapo's. Been running this for a month now, and still on the same batteries, although I did pick up some replacements ready for use.

7. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

ive had nothing but trouble with bluetooth mouses (yes thats correct ;)) except for the apple one, but thats too un-ergonomic. im going back to wired, by the way, apple BT keyboard is good, takes a while to connect when in windows partition though