BT Keyboard/mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by coconn06, Sep 21, 2004.

1. coconn06 macrumors regular

Question (this may have been answered somewhere on these forums, but I couldn't find it): when upgrading the new iMac to the BT module/BT keyboard/BT mouse for $100, do the KB/mouse come in addition to, or in place of, the USB KB/mouse?

The people at the Apple store didn't know, and I could call Apple, but then I would be too tempted to buy the iMac right then and there ;)

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

In place of. You're getting a $70 mouse, $70 keyboard, and $50 BT adapter for $100--of course you don't also get the $50 keyboard and $50 mouse too.

3. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Totally, this is a no brainer. The people at the Apple store didn't know? What Apple store was it? Jeez...

4. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

There have been posts arguing the contrary lately. Since no one has received their BT iMac G5 yet, no one really knows for sure.

People have been saying that there are still troubles with BT and that a wired keyboard and mouse, since it is included in the base price of the machine, will be included anyway.

I will look for the threads and post back when I find them.

5. coconn06 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought it was a no brainer too, but I figured I'd inquire in the Apple store just in case Apple surprised me and supplied both sets of keyboard/mice.

It was the Apple store in King of Prussia, PA, btw. Not to point any fingers :D

6. dav macrumors 6502

How do you configure the bluetooth without a wired KB/Mouse initially??

7. umgolfer macrumors regular

I would imagine that they would set that up when the computer is being made. That would seem logical at least, but what do i know.... ;)

8. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

If you are talking about the Apple Store, just select the Bluetooth module, not the one in the keyboard/mouse section...

At least I think that is what you are refering to...Good luck.

9. dav macrumors 6502

Actually I mean this :p

Say you purchase an iMac with Wireless KB and mouse, and people were arguing "Do you still get the normal KB/Mouse?"

If they only gave you the wireless, how would you pair those with the computer? What if you accidentally unpaired them? How do you make the connection without any way to click or select things?

10. coconn06 thread starter macrumors regular

Apparently the BT KB/mouse just work right out of the box. So no configuration is needed.

I remember hearing about similar problems, but then hearing that Apple fixed them. Maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about can elaborate :)