1. DeadEye686 macrumors member

Macally BTMouseJr vs. Kensington PocketMouse Bluetooth

Thoughts? Experiences? Opinions? Go!

Thanks in advance.

2. DeadEye686 thread starter macrumors member

3. jssweb macrumors newbie

MacAlly BT Mouse Jr. is great

I have had the MacAlly BT Mouse Jr. for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot. No hassles setting up or using it. Good size. No complaints at all.

4. DeadEye686 thread starter macrumors member

Yay! Thanks for the input.

5. FasterSoonerNow macrumors member

Get the Logitech MX900 from NewEgg. $77... Worth every penny.

It says it's only for Windows, but it works absolutely perfectly with Mac.

Great response. Amazing battery life. So goddamn convenient.

Recognized by your Mac as soon as you turn it on.

6. sgtlmj macrumors member

I bought the Logitech MX900 also. It feels good and works great. You can even set up the extra buttons to do Expose' stuff.

I have two gripes about it, however. 1. It is big and my 12"PB isn't. 2. No off switch.

I was looking for a BT mouse to throw in my Booq bag and the above 2 items prohibit this. Too large and the battery just drains as it moves around in the bag.

I'm also looking at the Macally BTMOUSEJr, which is how I happened upon this thread. I like the looks of the Macmice mouse that is coming out this fall (maybe), but it is pricey and there's gonna be a long wait. I think I'll grab a Macally before the week's done.

7. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

I recommend the Bluetake BT500...Small,decent battery life and it has an on/off switch.

8. PrometheusG5 macrumors member

I like this mouse too, but I like mouse that have fast tracking. On my PB 17", the MX900 defaults to the trackpad speed, which is slower. I find myself running out of room on my desk, which I don't want to do. And, I would like to be able to porgram those buttons for something other than Expose.

I am completely puzzled why Logitech hasn't released Mac drivers...

9. Bhennies macrumors 6502

If you can wait, macmice is coming out with a bluetooth version of their mouse. I sure as hell am waiting :D

10. Gherkin macrumors 6502

I'm just waiting for the MacMice bluetooth as well. I got my PB in June, so that's gonna be 3-4 months of using the computer with the trackpad only.

Oh well, I'm getting extremely good at keyboard shortcuts and using the trackpad (and Sidetrack is a god-send).

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I know y'all are very hyped about MacMice's mice around here, but do you know that they're a very dubious company? The Mouse is actually just a cheap mouse they bought for around $5 each, rebranded them, and sell them for outrageous prices.

I for one wouldn't buy from them.

12. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I use the Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Cordless mouse, its a very very good mouse and am extremely happy with it.

<offtopic rant>also BT is a registered trademark of the British Telecommunications company, its B.T. (Abreviation for Blue Tooth)</offtopic rant> i always get confused seeing BT :p

13. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Nikes only cost 50 cents in materials to make. I still have 10 pairs :D

14. stuuke macrumors regular