BT Mighty Mouse - Intermittent Secondary Button

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bakey, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Bakey macrumors 6502

Hi there folks,

I've recently purchased a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse to accompany my shiny new MacBook.

As of the last week or so I've begun to suffer an intermittent secondary button, ie. the right mouse button.

It works... And then it doesn't... As quickly as it didn't work it'll be back on-board fully functioning, hence it being an "intermittent" problem.

I already own a hardwired Mighty Mouse and haven't suffered a problem what-so-ever!

Is anybody else out there suffering similar problems?

Thanks in advance... ;)

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

This is a very common problem with the mighty mouses. Try re-pairing the mouse and switching it on and off whenever the problem occurs. This seems to be a temporary fix.

3. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

This was the reason why I sent mine back to Apple. I had intended to buy another if the issue was just for my mouse but the number of comments on the Apple Store's product page for the mouse indicates that a lot of people have this problem and therefore it seems to be an endemic problem for the mouse. Given this I decided against the mouse (which was a shame since there was a lot about it that I liked) and bought a Logitech Revolution VX instead. Overall I am satisfied with the VX (not thrilled, I'll note) but the Logitech drivers are a disaster and would not recognise the mouse at all when installed such that I ended up using SteerMouse instead (which works fine).