BT Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by carpe diem, Sep 30, 2005.

1. carpe diem macrumors 6502

This may sound stupid but is it possible to take the inside of a normal Apple BT Mouse and transfer it to the mighty mouse to make a BT mighty mouse.
    Thanks

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I very much doubt it.

3. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Seize The Day and do it! Take pics and report back to us...

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

You could possibly fit everything in it... But it's highly doubtful that the resulting mouse would be anywhere near mighty. If the solution were this simple, I'm sure Apple would have already implemented this idea and released the BT Mighty Mouse.

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'm sure that's not what is holding Apple back from releasing a BT Mighty Mouse. My guess is it has something to do with Battery life and selling a ton of wired ones then releasing a BT one a few months later to have everyone that bought a wired one want a BT one. I could be wrong though..

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

I just bought two mighty mouses and find that they suck. You have to lift your hand completely off it to right click. That blows. They need a way to adjust the sensitivity on the capacitive sensors inside the case or figure which one has the stronger reading. If my left finger is anywhere near its sensor, even half a cm off the mouse, the right click won't work, and I get a left one instead.

Shoddy work, Apple.

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Not really, becuase having both fingers touching the mouse and clicking generally (unless programmed otherwise) does the FIND command. The touch sensitivity is something that just has to be the way it is. The scroll ball is horrible.

And as far as Bluetooth goes, I hope they never release one, just to spite all of those people in the original announcement thread that wouldn't stop whining about it, after they were asked to a thousand times.

Besides, the RAZR Pro 1.6 mouse is gonna blow every other mouse away.

8. carpe diem thread starter macrumors 6502

9. admiraldennis macrumors regular

Well that certainly wouldn't work.

The Mighty Mouse is pretty horrible anyhow.

10. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

the mighty mouse is the biggest blemish in recent apple history...how could something so 'revolutionary' be turned into such a piece of ****. form over functionality wins.