BT Mouse and Keyboard

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacMaelstrom, Sep 16, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Well, BT Mice and Keyboards are outta tha bag. Only they're not an option yet for ordering new macs. So do we have to get a new Mac with wired keyboard, then pick a bluetooth one up extra? or is this to be an option?

2. macrumors regular

They seem to be an add-on accessory. You cannot substitute- so you end up paying for both wired and BT. But it's not so bad as I'd like to have a wired back-up for when the batteries go flat.

I can't see the point of a cordless keyboard, and I like two buttons + scroll wheel on my mice now.

3. macrumors G3

The wireless keyboard makes sense for a laptop so you don't have to keep plugging it in.

On the mouse side, I agree with the 2 buttons w/scroll wheel.

4. macrumors newbie

BT mouse and keyboard

When I ordered my G5 dual I asked about wireless kb/mouse options. They didn't know anything about what Apple was going to offer. I ordered the logitech combo. What I didn't realize at the time was that bluetooth gets built in to the motherboard... I don't like the idea of an external add-on... Now I wish I had ordered the BT module and waited for the KB/mouse to come out. I'm not too keen on the looks of the logitech stuff or the size of the mouse: too big), but it works well. My G5 is due OOB 10-22, ordered 8-10.

5. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

these options are very tempting for my bluetooth enfused 12" powerbook. I already have an ext KB but its wired....a wireless one would be much cooler but since i'm in college i don't exactly have the cash yet.

6. macrumors P6

wdlove

I am looking forward to having the wireles keyboard, won't miss the wire at all. A battery charger will take care of the problem with battery life.

It seemed that when I checked the Apple store on ordering a G5, all that you would pay if the $69 for the keyboard. So it sounds like the G5 is Bluetoothe ready!

7. macrumors 68020

srobert

Anyone know waht that white piece of plastic is on the keyboard?

[​IMG]

Looks odd to me.

8. macrumors member

krhodus

The piece of plastic is on the keyboard is on the current emac keyboard. It seems to have no use, but I could be wrong.