BT mouse with nice design?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MacNeXT, Oct 25, 2004.

1. MacNeXT macrumors 6502

Hi

I'm looking for a bluetooth mouse, but I dislike everything I've seen so far. I've seen the Logitech MX 900 and the Microsoft intellimouse explorer for bluetooth. I may be picky but I really dislike these designs. They look too futuristic, too much like some kind of alien spacecraft. Besides, they have too many buttons.

I like simple designs like the first Logitech pilot optical and Microsoft intellimouse. 2 buttons and a scrollwheel, functional but nothing fancy.

Does anyone know any BT mice with a design I might like? I know about the apple bt mouse which looks great but I really need 2 buttons.

Any help is appreciated!

2. daggle macrumors newbie

3. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Might want to consider this: http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT500.aspx. I want a BT mouse for my G5 but think I might want something a bit more substantial. This might be just right for your laptop. Heard some good things about it too. If you don't like the color: white or blue I think you can also find it on the net in different colors like orange and black and silver. Cheers

4. Blurb macrumors member

I second the BlueTake BT-500. I've had one for the past several months and have nothing bad to say about it. Got it originally for my PB 15", but decided to buy a Belkin USB BlueTooth dongle for my 17" G4 iMac and now use the BT-500 more often for the iMac! It's small (made for laptops, I guess), but as you said, simple layout: 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. Lightweight, but still feels solid. Good responsiveness. And best of all the sides where your fingers rest have this really smooth rubber on them, which continues to cover the bottom. I have the blue/silver one, so don't know if the white one is the same.

5. heyadol macrumors member

6. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

So, you're using it with your iMac. Interesting. I saw it and originally thought it a bit small for a desktop but you've got me thinking :D. I was kind of waiting to see if they would "supersize" it for desktops but maybe not. Hmmmm. One feature that it has that puts it "above the rest", on/off switch. Well, you've got me thinking....mo $, mo $, mo $. Cheers

7. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

ive got one, they rock!

8. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

I know you wanted 2 buttons and a scroll, but so did I. I ended up getting an Apple Bluetooth mouse, because I, like you, really couldn't find anything I liked. I've ended up loving my Apple mouse and having no regrets, and I honestly don't miss the scroll wheel or second button.

9. kbonnel macrumors 6502

I have the BT-500 and the MacMouse. I like them both. The BT500 wakes up really fast, but has a horrible battery life (like a week), and the MacMouse takes forever to wake up (for me at least), but has a good battery life. The BT500 is small, very small, but I am used to it. The MacMouse is, in my thought, is just the right size.

Both have ther positives and negatives. I, like you, have not found the perfect BT mouse. Though, I think the MacMouse is the best right now. (for me at least :) ).

Kimo