Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longmanzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I have tried almost every BT client applications on MAC, but none of them, has an acceptable download speed. All are really slow while my those BT applications on my windows desktop have really fast download speed from same seeds. Did anyone else have the same problem, or I had some wrong settings?

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
longmanzz said:
I have tried almost every BT client applications on MAC, but none of them, has an acceptable download speed. All are really slow while my those BT applications on my windows desktop have really fast download speed from same seeds. Did anyone else have the same problem, or I had some wrong settings?

Probably wrong settings. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with Mac BitTorrent clients. I use Azureus as well as the official client, and get download speeds that max out my internet connection (on good torrents). Make sure your firewall isn't blocking BitTorrent. I think I have port forwarding turned on on my router so that all incoming traffic on BitTorrent ports is sent to my PowerBook (the only computer on which I use BitTorrent).

longmanzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
mduser63 said:
Probably wrong settings. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with Mac BitTorrent clients. I use Azureus as well as the official client, and get download speeds that max out my internet connection (on good torrents). Make sure your firewall isn't blocking BitTorrent. I think I have port forwarding turned on on my router so that all incoming traffic on BitTorrent ports is sent to my PowerBook (the only computer on which I use BitTorrent).

I used Azureus before, the speed is at most 1k or most of time xxx bytes/s. Idon't know about the firewall, but i plug both my windows and mac to a same internet connection, so i think firewall shouldn't matter. The port forwarding you were talking about , can you tell me how to set it up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.