BT on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by longmanzz, Oct 20, 2005.

1. longmanzz macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2005
    I have tried almost every BT client applications on MAC, but none of them, has an acceptable download speed. All are really slow while my those BT applications on my windows desktop have really fast download speed from same seeds. Did anyone else have the same problem, or I had some wrong settings?
  2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Probably wrong settings. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with Mac BitTorrent clients. I use Azureus as well as the official client, and get download speeds that max out my internet connection (on good torrents). Make sure your firewall isn't blocking BitTorrent. I think I have port forwarding turned on on my router so that all incoming traffic on BitTorrent ports is sent to my PowerBook (the only computer on which I use BitTorrent).
  3. nichos macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2004
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Try downloading something that you know has a lot of seeds, like slackware linux - if that's still slow maybe check your network settings. I've had the best luck with transmission - see this thread here
  4. longmanzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2005
    I used Azureus before, the speed is at most 1k or most of time xxx bytes/s. Idon't know about the firewall, but i plug both my windows and mac to a same internet connection, so i think firewall shouldn't matter. The port forwarding you were talking about , can you tell me how to set it up