BT phones

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bursty, May 29, 2005.

1. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Is there a list somewhere of what BT phones can work with iSync and OSX in general? i have a BT phone from Sprint and am not sure what i can do with it. any help?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Apple have a list of BT OS X compatible phones here

Without knowing the make or model of your phone, you're unlikely to get any useful suggestions. You should be able to use the Bluetooth Assistant to pair your phone so that you can swap files between them, you should be able to synch your contacts with your address book/calendar, you may be able to receive/send SMS via the phone, you may be able to use your phone as a modem (tho it's usually so slow that it's an emergency backup only!).

3. 36183 Guest

if you are going to buy the razor phone take a note of this

4. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

I got the phone to pair up to the computer but says no services are availble, which sucks. oh well, im sure theyll update it sooner or later with more phones

5. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Well my sonyericsson t610 works fab with iSync, as media-remote (salling clicker/romeo) and whatnot...

I can very much recommend it.

-squirrel

6. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

A-men to that! Sony Ericsson T630 (pretty much the same thing), Clicker, iSync everything!
    Controlling the DVD player and iTunes RULES, and my friends can't get over how easy it is for me!

7. anto macrumors newbie

I'm in the UK and need a new phone (my current nokia is maybe 4 years old). Various threads I know, but here's a question on the SE T630. Is it fully compatible with iCal and address book (BT)- my main need?

My other main need is pretty long battery life. I've had poor reports on other SEs. I don't need a camera, but a radio would be nice but non-essential. So pretty much what they call a 'business' phone.

other top contenders, based on reading reviews etc:

Nokias: 6660, 6670, 6681, 6021, 6230i

favouring the last at the moment, as there apears to be a good deal with virgin-mobile.

I'd prefer not to have to use hacks, or alternatives to isync

Any thoughts welcome

Anto