BT Problem with SE-K750i Phone

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vanilla, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

My wife and I have Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phones and bar one weird glitch we are very happy with them. The pictures they take are awesome (2mb built-in camera), the screen is great and the OS is nice and intuitive.

The problem we have is when we come to transfer our pictures to our iMac. With my phone I can turn on bluetooth, pair with the iMac and Send the picture from the phone to the iMac via BT, no problem. The Image appears as a thumbnail in the Documents folder and I can then import it into iPhoto etc.

When my wife does the same thing with her phone however, the image arrives corrupted. The Thumbnail image looks fine but when you open it in preview, Photoshop, iPhoto etc. the full-size image is a mess, with missing pixels, colour striations, blockiness etc.

In the end we transferred the images via infra-red to an old Thinkpad and got the iMac to load the images from there.

My question is, could this simply be a bad BT installation on my wifes phone or is there something we need to do that we are missing?

Vanilla

EDIT: Just tried an experiment and sent an image from wifes phone to my phone by BT and it arrived corrupted on my phone, so I guess that proves that her phone has bad BT?

2. paul.woolman macrumors newbie

SE K750i

I use the USB2 lead which comes with the 750i in the UK to load pictures into photoshop on a G5 dual - no problem

3. Vanilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok so I tried that as well (didn't realise it had a USB cable to be honest) and yes, you're right, it works just like connecting a camera, firing up iPhoto and downloading immediately no problem. I think we'll do that from now on, cheers.

Vanilla
    PS: it IS a little weird though, that BT issue...

4. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I have the same phone and no problem to transfer via bluethooth. I just tried it as I also usualy use the USB cable.
    I think you should take it back to the shop, something is obviously wrong.
    Good luck.

PS a great phone, I´m impressed with the camera as nwell