BT (UK) and Tiger

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Chappers, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I'm using 10.3.9 with BT Broadband (Voyager 205 ADSL router) and used ethernet to connect to the net.

Will it be ok with 10.4?

Asking BT is a bit like asking Grandma what day it is - you're never quite sure if she knows or not.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

when i saw BT i thought you were talking about this i was listening to this song :p

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

LOL!

Seriously though.... if that router is an ethernet router I can't think of a reason why 10.4 shouldn't work.
    If you connect via USB, then maybe, maybe you need updated drivers.

4. jonat8 macrumors regular

The 205 is an Ethernet router so should work without a problem! I'm using Tiger and BT Broadband with no problems, but I'm using a D-Link modem/router/wireless access point.

5. Chappers thread starter macrumors 68020

Chappers

6. bgw macrumors newbie

Me Too..

Hi,

Just upgraded from 10.2.8 to 10.4.2 with a Voyager 205 Router with BT Broadband (2mb) and now can't access router via USB from our machine.

Share our BB with housemate (Powerbook on 10.3.9) who uses the Ethernet port on router and his access still ok.

Tried re-installing from the BT disc, but it seems that there's no option for the USB port in Tiger.. (how did this work in 10.2.8 ?)

Can anyone suggest anything..? - different settings, new router, ethernet hub, or even setting up ethernet network using my machine as 'host' for router..?

Barry

(Minimal to Moderate Mac Knowledge!)

7. Chappers thread starter macrumors 68020

Chappers

Can you put your Mac on his ethernet connection and see if it works - I think this is the problem. It will work with ethernet but not USB... and although I'm using it on ethernet I'm still nervous about doing it (upgrading that is).

Good luck - let me know how you get on.

8. ksibast macrumors newbie

voyager and 10.2.8

Does anyone know how to uninstall the Voyager 205 driver on OX 10.2.8? I need to re-install as I cannot connect with the router.

ta