BTO estimated shipping question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by YoYoMac, Jan 8, 2005.

1. YoYoMac macrumors regular

YoYoMac

Ok, here is the deal. You all are going to think I'm absolutely insane for the next thing I'm going to type, but we can all get over it later. :)

I'm ordering a Powerbook on Monday. :) Yes, 1 day BEFORE MWSF. Why? because I need the powerbook to get to MN by the 25th of January. Someone is going to bring it to me, I''ll be in Thailand. The BTO 15" PB with 128meg video, 5400 RPM, and no Super drive will be great for what I want to use it for.

So, Apple estimates 1-3 buisiness days to get the thing shipped out, and 5 days to actually ship it. Has anyone had a system shipped this quickly? Also, does anyone know if Apple will overnight ship? There isn't an option for it online, but I'm ordring over the phone anyway. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks.

And you can stop laughing that I'm buying the system on Monday! :D I either order it on Monday, or I don't get one. :) Cheers.

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

If you are ordering a Powerbook on monday and there is new powerbooks ready to on ship next week, then apple probably will put your order on hold and give you a new model... I'm not sure how long it will take to get you one.. BTO can take awhile..

3. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I think if you tell them you are in thailand, my guess is for tsunami relief or something like that, i think they will definetly do something to get it to you quicker.

4. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

I'd be careful with this indeed .. if new models are out they might as well not complete your order .. i am sure you can wait one extra day ..

5. Jsmit macrumors regular

Why not order it today? There is an express shipping option or atleast was in Septembr when I oredered mine. I think it cuts the shipping down 2-3 days.