BTO in Apple Stores

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zflauaus, Jul 14, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    When you go to a brick and mortor Apple Store, can they install options such as bluetooth in your computer or do you have order a BTO computer over the internet?
  2. Zukatah macrumors newbie

May 26, 2005
    Montréal, Qc
    I've heard (and was told by my store) that the only advantage of ordering a BTO at the store was that you were talking to someone while making your purchase, they're sending it to Apple anyway for it to be built...

It might not be the same in the US though...
  3. iforgot macrumors newbie

Jul 15, 2005
    Goto CompUSA

If you have a CompUSA around they can get you into the Mac Mini with Bluetooth and Airport same day! they carry the parts for that and install them for you. That's how I got mine! The iBook you will have to order to get the BT. And an added bonus the Compusa stores have a great sale this weekend I am going to get my new 15" powerbook 1.67 in the morning for 2100 out the door...
  4. akm macrumors member

Jun 16, 2005
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I was told (by the Apple Store in Yorkdale, in Toronto, Canada) that you can only do BTO online and not in the store. A friend that just got an iBook told me the same thing (i.e. he tried to do BTO in the Yorkdale store, but was told to go online). Not sure if this is universal to all Apple stores though.
  5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Or Micro Center. They have the Mac mini with all the options for under $1000!
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    The only BTO option available at the local Apple Store is RAM. Unless they might happen to have Bluetooth in stock. I do think there is an advantage to being able to talk with someone in person while you are ordering.

Another reason to order at you local Apple Store, is the availability of ProCare.