BTO Macbook C2D Timing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aminadab, Nov 29, 2006.

1. aminadab macrumors regular

Quick question. I'm out of the country and will by back in the US in mid-December. I'm planning to buy a blackbook, built to order with extra memory and a bigger hard drive. I'd like to have the notebook shipped to my folks place by the time I get there. I could order it now, but I'm afraid that it might come too quickly, thus diminishing my window for a possible return. It seems the regular macbooks are shipping within 24hrs, about how long does it take to get one built to order? That wasn't as quick as I'd thought. Thanks.

2. PrOeliuM macrumors member

If you get a BTO model, the "window for a return" doesn't matter because Apple doesn't take returns on BTOs. http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html

I'd say just order the BTO now and enjoy it when you get here. If you have problems you can send it in to AppleCare and wait for it to be repaired. If you don't want to take the risk of that and really want to be able to return it, then you should stick with a base configuration.

3. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

It couldn't hurt to have a somewhat computer savvy friend open up the box and boot up the computer when it arrives just to make sure it isn't dead on arrival, but you should be covered no matter what under Apple Care.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Ordered my BTO MB on Black Friday. It left Memphis this morning.