Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by DavidFalling, Mar 23, 2005.

1. DavidFalling macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2005
    Im about to order my first powerbook and i just want to know how long to expect to wait for this baby?! im building to order, so i figure it will probably take a bit longer than just ordering stock... anyone have any experience with this? thanks so much!
  2. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Well, there's a lot of information you're telling us.. are you in the US? Europe? Asia? Africa? Antarctica? Which powerbook?

It should tell you the 'estimated ship' time on the Apple Store powerbook page. And once the finish putting together your quote, it should have re-estimated shipping times.
  3. BoredinEdmonton macrumors newbie

Mar 16, 2005
    I've just done the same, and find that Apple's order tracking system is excellent. You should have received several emails giving you static updates on where your order is at, plus a link to the order tracking system, with your order number.

With that information, you'll be able to look up where your order's at.

On the order tracking page, it'll tell you your shipping waybill number, where you can goto the carrier's website to track that (for instance, I goto the FedEx tracking site, plug the number in, and it tells you exactly where it is).

I can't wait.. it's really stupid, but I check that FedEx page every hour :eek:

4. DavidFalling thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2005
    i am from california in the usa, and is going to be a 15" 1.67ghz 2g of ram 128mb v-ram. basically decked out! :D apparently the tracking of these things is good, so we'll just have to see when i order it!
  5. bmat macrumors 6502

Nov 24, 2004
    East Coast, USA
    If you want it faster you could just buy that upgraded version (the 128 VRAM at least) from an Apple brick and motar (if one's near you), but it would only have 1 gig of ram (which they could upgrade there to 2 gig in about a day). But it sounds like you might have ordered it already online.