Buddy List GONE!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Jan 25, 2007.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Please help me! I came home from school, and noticed my buddy list was so short, and could not figure out where it all went. Then i realized a group was completely deleted! Almost 200 screen names! I use ichat for my aim account. I have aol too. Would i be able to retreive it from either one of those places, and what the hell happened!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Some other people had the same problem this morning, but it got sorted out...possibly an AIM problem.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

to be clear, your AIM buddy list is not stored on your computer, it is stored on an AIM server. this is why you can access and make changes to your buddy list from wherever you can sign into your AIM account.

it should resolve itself.

4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea but those people said theres resolved themselves this morning. I guess i will have to wait, but until then, im sweatin my but off..

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I wouldn't be surprised if theirs are down as well...but none of them are online to chime in again.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

7. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Are you sure you didn't accidentally delete something? Like others have said, the buddy list is stored on AIM servers, NOT your local Mac/PC. Try logging in with AIM for a sec and see if anything shows up.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

10. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

try logging into AIM from meebo. if your buddy list doesn't display there, you might have to contact AIM to find out what's going on.