Bug in Keynote 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eva01, May 4, 2005.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

whenever i try to export a presentation i have done to H.264 the program instantly crashes T_T.

Does this happen to any of you?

2. indigoblu macrumors member

I'm so glad someone else is having the same problem with exporting. Whenever I try to export a presentation to PowerPoint, it just says error.....nothing more. I'm running the newest Keynote on Tiger. Anyone know how to fix this problem??

3. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

hmm I can export to powerpoint, just that none of my transitions or photoshopped images work in powerpoint -_-

try reinstally iWork.

I did a clean install of Tiger and then installed iWork after (obviously)

4. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

do you have to have QT7 Pro to export to H.264? If not i'll do some research later today and report the bug.

5. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

i wouldn't think you would have to because it allows you to try it, and it just instantly crashes, no warning, no saying "buy quicktime pro" just *poof* program gone

6. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

ok. trying with the Keynote Trial.. my free version of iWork hasn't shown up yet.. maybe tomorrow. will comment in a bit

7. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

It does indeed crash for me too. Brand new install of Tiger (monday) and iWork '05 Trial (tuesday). I have an odd feeling it's due to H.264 encoding not being supported in anything but QT7 Pro. But i'm going to file the bug report anyway, it shouldn't crash, it should give a dialog box stating you can't do that if that's how it's supposed to be.

EDIT: bug report is filed.

8. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

I filed a bug report as well, i hope this gets fixed

because i thought H.264 could work with regular quicktime, just not the HD encoding without Pro