Bug In Panther

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by jpete20024, Oct 24, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2003
    I have been using Panther most of the day now and I love it. I just unplugged my USB mouse and discovered that the trackpad doesn't work. Further investigation I discovered that I had Ignore trackpad when mouse is present check in the Keyboard and Mouse Preference. After unchecking that, I can now use the trackpad. For some reason, even thought the mouse was unplugged, it still thinks that a mouse was present. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. macrumors 65816

Oct 24, 2003
    It could be the mouse you are using. I've just tried what you said and I didn't get that problem at all.

Using a Studio Mouse here from Kensington.
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 28, 2003
    Re: Bug In Panther

I had this problem as well. I installed Panther twice on my PB and it went away the second time.

For me the OS wouldn't activate the trackpad unless I had my mouse plugged in and the "ignore trackpad" feature de-selected.

I also noticed that the Mouse tab does not show up under System Preferences unless you have a mouse plugged in when you launch SP. That freaked me out the first time I saw no Mouse prefs.
  4. hob
    macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    i've just installed panther for the first time and now i'm having this problem too! I'm using my M$ USB mouse... Does 10.3.2 sort this out? I'm downloading it now...

update: 10.3.2 sorts it out fine :)