Bug in Safari Re: scrolling?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aljlin, Jan 2, 2007.

1. aljlin macrumors regular

I just got a brand new Macbook Pro 2.33 c2d. I LOVE it. it's great machine and it's actually not been as warm as I thought it would be :) We'll see how that holds up. In anycase, I noticed something, and whenever i'm on a blog site, whenever i'm scrolling down a long site, that my scroll will stop and not let me scroll further down a couple times, and then i'd occasionally have to scroll up and then back down... repeatedly until it starts scrolling down, or at least click and then try scrolling down. I noticed this with the wireless mighty mouse first .. thought it was just a bug in that, but then i got the same response from the trackpad... I noticed this in engadget and autoblog ... Has anyone seen this happen before? I don't really care but it's a weird bug just the same... I haven't seen it in firefox as of yet, but so far i only see it in safari so far ... hmm.. What do you think could be the issue? Thanks.

2. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

The same thing happens to me, and I notice it more on blogs than anywhere else. I may notice it more on those sites, though, because of the frequent paragraph breaks from news stories.

Yes, I have the same problem on my MBP CD using the trackpad.

-=|Mgkwho

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

how much RAM does your machine have?

if your firefox is ok, does it have any extensions blocking ads or certain page content like flash?

4. cyasick macrumors newbie

Yes, I've noticed this behavior too.

From what I can figure out, its when you scroll over an ad. Since it is a different part of the site, it will be actually scolling the ad instead of the rest of the page. You can avoid getting stuck if you put your mouse over an area where no ads will scroll past.