Bug problem.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lu0s3r322, Mar 2, 2007.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

Nov 28, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    In my house we're starting to get some very small flies flying around the house. We had this problem before but we sprayed some plants of ours and it stopped but we tried that this time and it doesnt seem to be working. Doesn't anyone know of a solution?

They're very very small bugs. I'd say 1-2mm. You can kill it with your hands and not even feel a thing because they're so tiny. But it's just plain annoying.
  2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Aug 15, 2006
    The Rainbow Nation RSA
  3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    Look for holes in window screens. Also, check around the outside of the house to see if there is a place they are gathering. Then either spray where you find them, or spray an area around your windows and doors (or both).

Of course, it could be they are small fruit flies and coming in with the groceries...so take out your garbage from the inside of the house every night (or tie off the bags tightly every night).
  4. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2003
    RI -> CA -> ME
    yeah, sounds like fruit flies. Check for any older fruit, try putting it all in the fridge instead of out on the counter.

Plus it might be a good idea to empty out and scrub your trashcan, could have some breeding grounds going on.