Bug when using Assistive Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swoosh0217, Dec 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

I have an iPhone 5 version 6.0.1. When I go to Settings> General> Accessibility and turn on the Assistive Touch. My lock screen is set to lock in 1 minute of inactivity but there are times that it will not do an auto lock. Therefore my screen is ON the whole time.

Can anyone else confirm that this is a bug?

2. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

iPhone 3GS on 6.0.1 with Assistive Touch turned on. No experience of said issue. But with Assistive Touch, the iPhone screen will light up longer when you turn it on or when a notification arrives.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Thanks for the input but there are times that my screen does not turn off at all even after my 1 minute lock screen is suppose to kick in.

4. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Maybe you can try resetting the Auto-lock setting and see what happens.

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah I think I've seen other people post about this issue. It happens with me too...super annoying especially because I like to leave Assistive Touch on all the time. Sigh....really hope a software update fixing this is issued ASAP.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

I tried the Restore from iTunes but that did not solve the issue. The bug seems to appear after I click the Home button from the Assistive touch where u see the 4 icons (Home, Siri, Device and Favorite buttons.) My screen stays ON the whole time and not going on Auto Lock.