buggy new hardware......

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bigben334, Jul 26, 2005.

1. bigben334 macrumors regular

what types of bugs do brand new computer models from apple have??? basically, what im asking is what kind of bugs will the new mac-intels have when they come, if they have any bugs. like, WHAT ARE BUGS AND WHAT DO THEY DO?! can someone give me some examples. and is it really that dangerous to buy a rev. a product because of bugs. like, can a new product really have a deadly problem with it that its not worth buying. please someone help because i don't know if i should purchase a apple laptop now or wait until the mac-intels, because i need a laptop for college but i dont go to college until next september, i am currently going into my senior year of high school. please, any help would be great. thanks in advance...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's pretty hard to say since they're so far off and people only have limited experience with developer kits (only current Intel Macs). I'd guess there'll be a few bugs since it's such a dramatic change but nothing too major to worry about. I'll probably still get one of the first Intel Macs regardless.

Maybe ask this question same time next year. ;)

3. bigben334 thread starter macrumors regular

ok...

ok, but what exactly is a bug and what does it do??? can anyone give an example of a bug??? thanks...

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm guessing you're talking about idiosyncrasies in machines that makes some of them not perform how they were intended to do so. Example: one of the "bugs" in the original G5 iMac was that their logic boards would some times give up - deeming it a pretty much useless computer until replacement. This was an example of a pretty radical change (new form factor and G5) that resulted in a less-than -perfect piece of hardware, albeit not in all cases.

5. bigben334 thread starter macrumors regular

????

well, what did apple do about that??? they must have replaced everyones logic boards or something right??? if they didnt, then how did everything work out??? thanks...

6. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Well they didn't replace everyone's logic boards. Just the ones that were malfunctioning.

Another example of a bug on the Rev A G5 iMacs was that the fans made tons of noise.

Another bug: White spots on aluminum powerbook displays

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

...And faulty PowerBook batteries. But Apple has all these bugs under control and promptly issues a fix or a replacement after finding out about them.