Built in iSight issue (20" 2.0 Core Duo)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SilentPanda, Oct 3, 2006.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

So since the newest OS X update my iSight "stopped" working. It works... but it's *very* dark. The room is well lit (I've taken much brighter pictures in much darker rooms) so that isn't the issue. Example pic from photo booth is attached below. It is the same in iMovie also.

Permissions have been reset, tried under a different user and a new user, reset my PRAM...

Anybody else have the same problems? I'm thinking I might just have to call Apple...

2. wchong macrumors 6502

have you checked the settings of the camera itself?

is there a black tape covering your isight? :D

just give apple a call, i just hope you don't have to wait that long to be answered.

3. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

There are settings?

I did check for black tape... :( Actually I checked to see if anything was in front of the lens (even a bug or something) and no dice.

4. governor macrumors member

governor

I read that some guy on a Swedish Mac-forum had experianced the exact same thing. He had only reseted the SMC on the imac, and then the iSight went back to normal again..

Give it a try!

5. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Ya fixed it! Yay! Now I can take pictures of myself for no good reason again! :)

6. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

That kind of reminds me that my friend has at least 400 photos taken in Photo Booth. I have.. 8.

7. wchong macrumors 6502

unless you're going to share the pics i don't see why take so many of urself. just look at the mirror :D