Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thrimbledwill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
SF Bay Area
Forget about the new iPhone needing a bumper. The MacBook Pro needs a bumper. Resting my wrists on the edge of my 17" MBP feels like they may be sliced open at any moment. I would love to have a comfy bumper that fits over the front edge so that I can type in comfort. I like the one-piece aluminum case for its looks, but comfortable it ain't.

Has anyone seen anything like this, or am I left to make one for myself (poorly) and then two+ years from now enough people will have agitated for one and they'll finally have them?

broncopde

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Conway, AR
An iLap will solve this problem for you, but it's not something that will clip-on/adhere to your MBP like I think you want. But it's something to check out. I like mine that I have for my 12" PB.

DanMacApple

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
An iLap will solve this problem for you, but it's not something that will clip-on/adhere to your MBP like I think you want. But it's something to check out. I like mine that I have for my 12" PB.

Does anyone else own an ilap as I am curious to know how good these are, build quality and personal preference.

atrac7

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
wouldn't any bumper on the edge of the computer hinder the way the lid closes?! :confused:

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
When playing games I rest my left wrist on the edge of it, but I put down a pretty heavy screen cloth (4"x 6"ish) and that helps a load.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.