Bungie Aerospace Releases Crimson: Steam Pirates

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 1, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rumored earlier this year, Bungie Aerospace, a publishing division of Bungie games, has released Crimson: Steam Pirates by developer Harebrained Schemes. The game is a turn-based strategy game set in a steampunk pirate universe. From the press release:
    Though Bungie, the acclaimed game studio responsible for Marathon and Halo, didn't actually create the game, their Bungie Aerospace division was created to help small, independent developers, like Harebrained Schemes successfully launch their mobile and social games.

Crimson: Steam Pirates for the iPad is free on the App Store, with a second "chapter" of levels -- available for $1.99. Future chapters will be released at a later date. [iTunes]

Article Link: Bungie Aerospace Releases Crimson: Steam Pirates

2. macrumors 603

roland.g

Typically I don't go for stuff like this, but this looks like it could be pretty cool.

3. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

A game release? How is this news?

4. macrumors 65816

maverick808

There have been several posts about game releases on the frontpage recently. Personally, I hate them, and if it keeps up I'll probably be removing MR from my RSS feed and bookmarks.

EDIT: Ah, this is just in the RSS and not actually on the frontpage... somehow, that is even more annoying.

5. macrumors 6502

shareef777

Agreed, the RSS feed should only contain front page news!

6. macrumors newbie

You guys know that you can only subscribe to the front page news, right? I don't necessarily need to know about this either, so that is what I did.

7. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

8. .11
    macrumors member

9. macrumors 65816

maverick808

Yeah I realised there was a front page only feed shortly after I posted. Still, my ideal would be to get all the news as I was previously getting, but these game posts are basically just adverts so I guess I will indeed have to stick with front-page only from now on.

10. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

You didn't seem to mind Civ V for Mac announcement: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11472978&highlight=#post11472978

It's all on the same spectrum. But yes, we highlight more products on the blogs. If it offends you, then you can easily avoid it using the appropriate feeds

arn

11. macrumors 65816

maverick808

12. macrumors 68000

as opposed to 'The replacement glass panels for an existing glass-paneled store have arrived at the installation location via a truck."

you want more posts like that, then?

nobody is forcing you to read this, much less comment on it.

I wonder how you manage to get anything at all done when you've got to stop at every website and comment on every story you find unworthy.

13. macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'm sorry, but I just had to illuminate this post as the most exemplary illustration of "getting owned" I've seen all year.

14. macrumors regular

Macopotamus

Doesn't look like a Bungie game, but it does look fun

15. macrumors 6502a

wow turn based strategy games have changed. it looks half RTS half TBS! :D

16. macrumors 6502a

slackpacker

its actually really well done and fun

17. macrumors 6502

The Economist