Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
There will still be lots of other photographers and video crews there recording it all too, just in case the iPhones don't work out. And who knows, maybe Burberry itself will be using other cameras, too. They didn't say "only" iPhones.

No doubt they will have professional cameras. But they wouldn't do a press release with Apple if they were also using other smartphones for this event.

juanmanas

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Unfortunately they will only end up posting the best of the best pics I'm sure... So while the posted photos and videos may look real good, I'm sure there will be plenty more that we never see.

Regardless of the camera they use, they will post the best pics the have... What a pointless comment

sza

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
What I can say is 5s is an awesome phone. But it is still early a bit for me to upgrade, since my 4s runs iOS 7 GM smoothly so I guess I will wait for iPhone 6.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Apple never used to need these kinds of stunts to sell their products.

You mean like the special iPods Apple did? Or were those not stunts?

bono.jpg

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
This.

Burberry is out right now, how can Apple's marketing not know this.

Not in Japan. It's an incredibly hot brand here, and this marketing coup will not go unnoticed by Japanese fashion hounds. I imagine the same is true in many other countries in the world. Good move by Apple.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
Apple never used to need these kinds of stunts to sell their products.

Oh really? iPod advertisement doesn't ring a bell?

Plus go watch a lot of TV Shows and movies. You think they are using Apple products in there without Apples consent?

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
Come one people, don't underestimate yourself. You can do it. It's not rocket science. You can take great photos with the current iPhone 5, or iPhone 4 for that matter. The fact that the pros are going show what they can do with the new iPhone 5s should be an encouragement of what a tool you will have. With a bit of effort you can take great photos too, may be some that are better than theirs.

What if you want a low-lighting shot? Super high-res shot? Sorry, we can't all call the sun to come up and provide us lighting for a shot in the evening, nor can we magically get 12MP photos from the iPhone camera. But we can use a DSLR instead.

----------

Who in the heck buys this stuff? lol

Those people out of the 7 who bought the I Am Rich app from the App Store for $1000.

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
wait so it was iSight camera then we had Facetime camera and now we're back to iSight camera again? Maybe Apple marketing needs to have their versioning system looked into?:confused:

Yeah, it's annoying me too. I can see where it comes from, iSight for forward shots and Facetime for shots of the user's face, but it's annoying and inconsistent with the original iSight's purpose as a face camera.

Why does the iPhone camera that's built in even need a name? It's like how someone thought it would be cute to name the password recovery for Apple IDs "iForgot", so he did.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
The iPhone 5s is cheaper than one t-shirt from Burberry...

$995 t-shirt

Ok, someone needs to tell Christopher Bailey to put the glue gun and metal studs away and stop bedazzling. "Michaels Arts & Crafts" and "Claire's" need to ban him from their stores.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 10.58.41 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 10.58.41 PM.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 61

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
LOL at the hate in this thread. Aren't we the ones who buy $1,000+ laptops? I buy Burberry perfume, why? Because it smells good. It does cost about $100 a bottle, but it's my favorite, and I can find it cheap on Amazon. I have some other designer perfume that is cheaper, but the scent sucks and I never wear it.

Should people be buying clothes that are $200-1,000 in price? I think a good trench coat, a pair of boots, and a good wallet and handbag go a long way. If you pick a good brand that is and understand the material you're buying and take care of it. I know people who are still using the same designer bag they bought a decade ago.

Save up every year and get a few nice things... I see absolutely no issue in that. We have pots and pans from almost 25 years ago that cost $1,000 and we're still using them.

I don't see anything wrong in the iPhone 5S being used this way. It's better than it being in forgettable music videos and TV shows.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Unfortunately they will only end up posting the best of the best pics I'm sure... So while the posted photos and videos may look real good, I'm sure there will be plenty more that we never see.

Yes, but that's true of every TV/show/movie/ ever made, regardless of the equipment they used. ;)

----------

I mistakenly thought they were referring to this: :p

View attachment 432855

Well, I actually prefer this over that. That being Burberry. ;)

----------

Maybe Ive will be there shooting video like last year. :D

OOOH...Shiny.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.